Wednesday, June 04, 2008

“There are few things I hate more

than people who waste my time.”

- CEO, Fortune 50 company

Time is a CEO’s most valuable and most protected resource, which is why there are often so many barriers to getting through to them.

If you do have the opportunity to meet with one, there are three questions on their mind about you:

  1. Have you prepared well enough?
  2. Are you a quick study?
  3. What can you actually get done for me that is relevant?

  1. Have you prepared well enough?

“Do you get where my company and I are coming from, what we’re trying to accomplish (or avoid), why, and why now?”

  1. Are you a quick study?

“Can you quickly and deeply, get what I am saying without having to explain?”

  1. What can you actually get done for me that is relevant?

“What have you already done for companies and individuals like me that I need you to do now that produced a positive measurable change?”

No comments: